What makes Blue Zoca's blankets different than other blankets that claim to be waterproof?
Blue Zoca Waterproof Blankets are thoughtfully designed to provide luxurious 100% fluid-proof, leak-proof protection throughout your home or outdoors.
The secret is our Stay-Dry core -- a flexible, whisper-thin waterproof membrane cleverly fused between two layers of absorbent, velvety fleece fabric that looks and feels like a regular blanket. It’s unbelievably quiet with no crinkly, plastic-y, diaper-y sound, so you can leave it on your bed or couch 24/7 for discreet, worry-free protection.
Because Blue Zoca blankets are fully reversible and absorbent on both sides, they won’t bunch or slide. Most importantly a Blue Zoca blanket is just so luxurious, you won’t believe it's waterproof.
What are some suggested uses for a Blue Zoca waterproof blanket?
That’s the beauty of Blue Zoca’s waterproof blankets -- use them anytime, anywhere. We love hearing from our customers and learning about the creative ways they’re using their blankets.
Here are just a few of uses for your Blue Zoca blanket, and the possibilities are endless!
- Your dog's favorite blanket
- Protection for your couch from pets, snacks, and drinks
- Protection for your car seats from pets, snacks, drinks, and wet people coming back into the car from the water or snow
- Discreet and comfortable blanket for a child to sleep on if they still wet the bed to use at home, take to sleepovers, Grandparents, trips, or put under them on the couch if they fall asleep wathching a movie
- Dry seating for outdoor sports at stadiums, on bleachers, at concerts, or festivals
- Camping or beach where you want to stay dry on the ground or in the rain
- Discreet adult leakage/incontinence coverage and comfort
- New mom comfort and bed or couch or rocking chair protection for post-partum or nursing and feeding baby
- Protection during female cycle time
- Keeping the couch or bed clean while you use lotions, massage oils, or beauty products
- Adult intimate time
...all with quality, comfort and 100% waterproof, washable luxury.
How big a waterproof blanket do I need to protect my bed?
A waterproof blanket for a bed should be large enough to cover the top of your bed -- no need for it to drape down over the sides like a bedspread or comforter.
The best ones are made from super velvety micro fleece like Blue Zoca so they feel great against bare skin. Micro fleece has a slight grip to it so your blanket generally won't shift around.
Some waterproof blankets can feel stiff and sound crinkly or diaper-like -- that's because the waterproof core is too thick for the weight of the fleece. A well made waterproof blanket like Blue Zoca will be pliable and, even better, virtually noiseless.
Why aren't your blankets offered in standard Queen and King blanket size?
"Standard" sizes for blankets are as follows:
- Queen: 90 x 90 to 100 inches
- King: 108 x 90 to 100 inches
The size of a “standard” blanket can vary based on the depth of the mattress, how much coverage you want, whether you want it to hang to the floor, and other factors.
Blue Zoca blankets are designed to protect your bedding and furniture from spills and wetness, so they go UNDER you, on TOP of your bedding. They are designed to cover the top of your mattress.
Blue Zoca blankets have been designed to be the perfect size for bed protection and use. Too big and it's cumbersome. These blankets are just right.
Will the waterproofing on my blanket eventually wash out?
Unlike blankets that are sprayed or coated with a waterproof finish, Blue Zoca's waterproof protection is built right into the blanket.
We fuse a flexible layer of liquid-proof TPU between two layers of super soft fleece. Since the protection is built in, it can't wash or wear away.
However, high heat will damage the TPU layer – which is why we recommend washing in cold water and line drying your Blue Zoca blanket or using the no heat setting on your dryer.
How do I wash my Blue Zoca blanket?
Heat will deteriorate the waterproof component of ANY waterproof blanket, so you need to be sure to wash using only cold or lukewarm water.
Pre-treat any stains before washing with a non-chlorine stain remover, then wash separately on the gentle cycle using your regular detergent.
A great quality waterproof blanket like Blue Zoca may be very heavy when wet, so you may need to run it through an extra spin cycle or two. The more water you can remove, the easier and faster it will be to dry your blanket.
Line drying is best, but you can also dry your Blue Zoca blanket in the dryer as long as you use the lowest possible heat setting (and the air-only setting is always your best choice).
Never use fabric softeners or dryer sheets on your waterproof blanket -- they contain ingredients that actually make fabrics LESS absorbent.
How do I get massage oil out of my Blue Zoca blanket?
Oil stains of any kind are a problem for most fabrics, including fleece. Here are some suggestions for removing them:
1. Blot as much oil as possible as soon as the spill occurs, using paper towels. Don't rub, which could cause the oil to spread.
2. Apply powder to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. You can use baby powder, baking soda, talcum powder, or cornstarch. Sprinkle the powder over the oil and let it sit for 30 minutes to absorb as much oil as possible. Then shake the blanket, vacuum or use a spoon to scrape the oil and powder away. Repeat if you can still see the stain.
3. Next, rinse the stain with cool water, then apply a few drops of regular dish soap to the stain. Scrub the soap into the stain with a toothbrush, then rinse again with cool water. (Avoid using soaps with added moisturizers.)
4. Launder separately as usual in cold water with your usual laundry detergent. Remember, no fabric softeners -- they make fabrics less absorbent!
5. Line dry only -- DO NOT use your dryer until you're sure the stain is COMPLETELY gone! Placing ANY kind of oil-stained fabric in the dryer can cause combustion, so DON'T DO IT!!!
6. If the stain remains, repeat the above, or consult your local dry cleaner.
Oil of any kind on ANY kind of fabric can be tricky to remove, but your Blue Zoca blanket is an investment, so the time and effort you put into keeping it stain-free are well worth it.
I mistakenly added fabric softener to the wash. What now? And why do you say not to use fabric softeners or dryer sheets?
First, don't panic! You haven't ruined your blanket and you can remedy the situation.
Just add half a cup of WHITE vinegar to the wash the next time you launder your blanket. (The vinegar smell will dissipate as your blanket dries.)
Fabric softeners contain ingredients and dryer sheets are coated with a sticky residue, that make your laundry FEEL soft, but they make fabrics less absorbent. It's like coating paper with wax -- liquid runs right off of it. This is great for wrapping sandwiches but not for waterproof blankets which are designed to absorb liquid.
This is why we recommend NOT using fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
Do you offer wholesale pricing or bulk discounts?
We would love to discuss wholesale pricing or bulk discounts with you!
Send us an email outlining your needs and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
What is your return policy?
Contact Amazon for your return instructions. You can easily return a blanket within 30 days that doesn't meet your needs.
For BlueZoca.com Website Purchaes:
Our “Happiness Assured” policy means we aren’t happy unless you are. If your Blue Zoca blanket isn’t everything you hoped for, just contact us within 30 days of purchase and we’ll arrange for you to send it back. We charge a flat $10 fee to cover the cost of return shipping, and we’ll provide you with a shipping label so you can send your blanket back to us. We do require that your blanket be washed and dried prior to returning and that you include the storage bag you received with your order.
What is your shipping policy?
For Amazon.com Orders:
Shipping is free for Amazon Prime members.
For BlueZoca.com Orders:
All orders within the United States receive free ground shipping. Expedited shipping options are available at checkout.