So you've gone ahead and pulled the trigger -- you're now the proud owner of a Blue Zoca Waterproof Blanket.
But you may be thinking, "So how the heck do I wash this thing?"
Fear not -- these 4 easy tips will keep your investment looking and performing like new.
For long-lasting enjoyment of your Blue Zoca Waterproof Blanket, follow these easy-care instructions: Pre-treat stains with non-chlorine stain remover (we like OxiClean MaxForce Spray); machine wash separately, cold, gentle cycle. Hang to dry or tumble dry low or no heat setting (high heat will damage the Stay-Dry lining). Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Do NOT iron or dry clean.TIP: Blue Zoca is a PREMIUM quality top throw and may be heavy when wet. For best results, run through an extra spin cycle to remove any excess moisture before drying.
Great question! Oil stains of any kind are a problem for most fabrics, including fleece. Here are some suggestions for removing them:
1. Blot as much oil as possible as soon as the spill occurs, using paper towels. Don't rub, which could cause the oil to spread.
2. Apply powder to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. You can use baby powder, baking soda, talcum powder, or cornstarch. Sprinkle the powder over the oil and let it sit for 30 minutes to absorb as much oil as possible. Then shake the blanket, vacuum or use a spoon to scrape the oil and powder away. Repeat if you can still see the stain.
3. Next, rinse the stain with cool water, then apply a few drops of regular dish soap to the stain. Scrub the soap into the stain with a toothbrush, then rinse again with cool water (Avoid using soaps with added moisturizers).
4. Launder separately as usual in cold water with your usual laundry detergent. Remember, no fabric softeners -- they make fabrics less absorbent!5. Line dry only -- DO NOT use your dryer until you're sure the stain is COMPLETELY gone! Placing ANY kind of oil-stained fabric in the dryer can cause combustion, so DON'T DO IT!!!
6. If the stain remains, repeat the above, or consult your local dry cleaner.
First, don't panic! You haven't ruined your blanket and you can remedy the situation. Just add half a cup of WHITE vinegar to the wash the next time you launder your blanket (the vinegar smell will dissipate as your blanket dries).Fabric softeners contain ingredients, and dryer sheets are coated with a sticky residue, that make your laundry FEEL soft, but they make fabrics less absorbent. Kind of like coating paper with wax -- water runs right off of it, yes? Great for wrapping your lunch, not so great for your blanket. Liquids won't seep through, but they can run right off and end up where you don't want them, which is why we recommend NOT using them!
NO!! Unlike blankets that are sprayed or coated with a waterproof finish, Blue Zoca's waterproof protection is built right into the blanket. We fuse a flexible layer of liquid-proof TPU between two layers of super soft fleece. Since the protection is built in, it can't wash or wear away.However, high heat will damage the TPU layer – which is why we recommend washing in cold water and line drying your Blue Zoca blanket or using the no heat setting on your dryer.
And there you have it -- everything you need to know to keep your Blue Zoca Waterproof Blanket looking and performing like new!
Questions? Feel free to contact us and we'll get back to you!
The Team @ Blue Zoca